Diced boiled egg, cooked and wrapped with onion and tomato sauce
- Boiled eggs -4
- Onions -3 medium
- Tomatoes -2 medium
- Red Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped -2 tbsp
For the paste:
- Ginger, 1 inch piece – chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Cloves (lavang) – 6
- Black peppercorns – 10
- Shell the boiled eggs and cut them into 8 pieces each
- Chop the onions into half slices.
- Finely chop the tomatoes & the coriander leaves
- Roughly grind the items indicated for the paste
- Take a pan & add 3 tbsp oil. Once hot, add the onions.
- Sauté in medium flame till onions are translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the Red Chilli powder & salt. Cook in low flame till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the crushed masala paste & cook till oil separates.
- Put in the boiled egg pieces & mix well.
- Cook for around 5 mins till masala wraps the eggs.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves.
- At the end add a cube of butter for flavour.
- Mix well & serve hot.