- Cut the boneless chicken thighs into 1” pieces. Marinate with items specified. Mix well and set aside for 30 mins. After 30 mins add the corn flour and mix well to make it ready for frying.
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients specified for the sauce. Mix and set aside for use later. Make sure the sugar is dissolved before adding it to the wok later.
- Heat oil in a pan/wok for deep frying.
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces one at a time to not crowd the pan. Fry on medium heat for around 5-6 mins till golden. Remove and keep on a plate. Fry the rest in batches.
- Now take a wok and heat it.
- Mix the sauce once to make sure the sugar is dissolved and add it to the wok.
- Keep stirring it on medium heat for 1-2 mins till the sauce is cooked and starts thickening.
- Add the corn slurry, mix and cook it for a minute and then add the fried chicken pieces.
- Mix it well and then add the sesame oil. Stir fry it on high heat for another minute till the chicken pieces are coated well with the sauce.
- Once nearly thickened, add the sesame seeds, give a mix and then add the chopped spring onion greens. Stir fry for a minute and serve hot.